April 17, 2017
Erik Gonzalez,the Urbanists and Center for Cultural Innovation are hosting a workshop at the Arts Consortium May 10, 6-8 PM. Check out the brief synopsis and RSVP on the Urbanists website for this informative workshop!
Join us for a two-hour interactive seminar crafted for artists and arts managers who want to envision their career pathways and discover the Center for Cultural Innovation’s (www.cciarts.org) granting opportunities to support their journey. We will utilize design-thinking tools to explore career development intentions and identify strategies to overcome obstacles. Participants will share arts management trends and resources while developing a regional network to spark innovation. Additionally, Amy will provide insights into CCI grants available in your community.Read More
April 08, 2017
Follow the link(or copy and past) below for details.
April 08, 2017
May 2017 - The Garden Party - Rules/Details
SORENSEN’S STUDIO SHOW CALENDAR·WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5, 2017
2017 Show Rules and Details
THE GARDEN PARTY
Show Concepts/Theme: We will turn Sorensen’s Gallery from inside to outside displaying garden art and sculptures as well as images of gardens, purposeful landscapes, flowers, produce, etc. Anything for, from, or of a garden qualifies.
· Show curators : Michael Frank email questions to [email protected]
· All questions about the show must be directed specifically to the above show curators ONLY. Please do NOT call the studio and/or Chris Sorensen directly for questions or information about the show.
· Entries accepted on Saturday, April 29th, from 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
· Show opens Thursday, May 4th, (Art Hop) 5-8 pm
· Pick up entries on Saturday, May 27th, 9 am – 12 pm
By entering, you agree to these rules:
· Works must pertain to the overall theme of the show. Entries must be able to demonstrate though their art/statements how the theme is represented. Entries that are too loosely (or not at all) connected to the theme will not be accepted.
· All media will be considered: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, mixed, etc.
· Only original work may be submitted
· All art work must be framed/mounted and ready to hang (any piece that requires special hardware to hang besides a simple hook must submit the special hardware with the piece).
· All work must be complete and dry before entry.
· Wall art exceeding 48” x 48” maximum dimensions require artist participation in installation during the entries receiving time frame.
· All sculpture must be easily moved through a standard door.
· All work must be labeled on the back or bottom with name and current contact information.
· Works will ONLY be accepted during the listed day/time for receiving entries unless otherwise previously arranged with the show curator.
· Art installations must be put together by the artist during the receiving entries time frame.
· Do NOT leave work at the studio prior to, or after, this time and expect they will be entered into the show.
If you cannot make the entries receiving date/time, you may have someone bring your work in for you.
· There is a nonrefundable fee of $15 per piece
· This is a juried art show. Entry into the show is dependent on curator discretion and acceptance.
Long Distance Entries:
· Long distance entries CAN be submitted for jury.
· They must be pre-juried via email with quality photos and entry form information.
· Upon acceptance, the work may be shipped and must arrive at least two days BEFORE the posted submission date.
· Art work must be shipped directly to the show curator.
· Do NOT ship any art work directly to the studio.
· The entry must be accompanied by a prepaid return shipping label.
· The artist is responsible for any/all shipping insurance if they choose to carry it.
· Artist may price work for sale.
· Works not for sale must be listed as NFS
· A 25% commission on all sales goes to Chris Sorensen.
· Artists agree that images of their entries may be used to promote the show through social media, emails, and mail.
· Artists agree to try to attend the show opening.
· Artists agree to help promote the show by advertising it through their own social circles and media.
Pick up of Art Work:
· Work must stay for entire length of exhibition.
· Put the pick-up date on your calendar. It is your responsibility to remember the pick-up schedule.
· If you cannot pick up your work on this day and time, you MUST have someone pick up your work for you.
· Art work that has not been picked up on the specified date becomes the property of the studio.
· Artists who do not adhere to the show schedules may be prohibited from entering future shows.
Though every effort is put forth to secure art at the studio, Chris Sorensen, the Chris Sorensen Studio LLC, or the show curators shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or theft of items. Artists should carry their own insurance if they have concerns about any of these issues.
CHRIS SORENSEN STUDIO
2223 S. VAN NESS (One mile south of Hwy 41)
Fresno, CA 93740
March 21, 2017
March 15, 2017
This looks like fun! They always have cool labels and the wine is pretty good as well!!Read More
March 14, 2017
Hallmark Gold Crown Stores (Visalia, CA)
Do you create, make or build things? Or perhaps know someone who does? We at Amy’s Hallmark Visalia are looking for artist/vendors to sell in our store! We are looking for people who make fun, fantastic things. Its all about celebrating local talent and together we can suprise and delight our community.
We work together to drive your business and ours too! Please see Erica the Store Manager for more deatails! Look forward to hearing form you !
March 06, 2017
Saturday, May 13 • 10 am - 5 am
Sunday, May 14 • 10 am - 4 pm THREE RIVERS MEMORIAL BUILDING
THREE RIVERS, CA
Application Deadline: Wed., April 19, 2017
The Arts Alliance of Three Rivers proudly presents the 43rd Redbud Arts & Crafts Festival! We have been working hard to make the 2017 Redbud Festival bigger and better than ever. The Redbud Arts & Crafts Festival provides artists and crafters with an excellent opportunity to offer their fabulous, fun, inspirational and innovative artistry to our many patrons. We hope you will be a part of this exciting annual event.
The theme of our third art quilt exhibit is “Bloom”. Last year’s quilt show attracted several hundred visitors and we are planning to continue building on this success. Entry forms to exhibit quilts are available on our website: artsalliancethreerivers.org. Please share this information with any quilters you may know.
Our successful raffle to support the Jonnum-Young Scholarship Fund also returns. Vendors are encouraged to donate gifts to this raffle; they are most appreciated. We offer great prizes from local businesses, benefactors and artists and we have built a robust scholarship fund. In 2016, we awarded $5,000 in art scholarships and we are excited to continue this great program for young artists.
Authenticity of the artwork at the Redbud Festival is essential to the quality and spirit of the festival. Vendors are required to submit a photo of their art or craft and a photo of the vendor creating a piece of artwork; we prefer that the files be submitted electronically however printed photos may be mailed along with the application. There is a bonus to this… It provides a treasure trove of photos we can use in our publicity in both print and electronic media. If you have been previously approved as a vendor no photos are required, but you are welcome to submit new photos for publicity.
IMPORTANT VENDOR INFORMATION
Booths inside the auditorium measure approximately 8’ x 8’. Food court spaces on the patio are open air, but covered. Outdoor (parking lot) spaces measure approximately 10’ x 10’. Indoor spaces will be secured at night when the Memorial Building is locked. A security guard will be on duty Saturday night.
Booth rental fees:
Single booth rental: $95 AATR Member Rate: $85 Double booth rental: $180 AATR Member Rate: $170
Electricity is available only for some auditorium booths. No power is available outside. A limited number of 8’ tables are available on a first come first served basis at a donation of $7 per table.
The Redbud Festival will be held rain or shine. Booth rental fees are not refundable.
Booths will be assigned on a first come first served basis. You will receive your booth number for the event in your confirming letter (as well as set up and parking instructions).
Arts and Crafts must be original. All items for sale must be created by the artist or crafter. Your submitted application acts as a certification that the work is original. Vendors who exhibit items that are not of their own creation will not be permitted to participate. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Booths must be occupied at all times throughout the festival. Vendors may not pack up their booths until 4:00 pm on Sunday.
The Arts Alliance of Three Rivers will provide professional security overnight on Saturday, but assumes no responsibility for items left on site.
Vendors who sell any food products must submit a photocopy of a current Tulare County Environmental Health Food Permit with the application for the Festival.
We are looking forward to a successful Redbud Festival. For further information visit our website: www.artsalliancethreerivers.org. Email us at [email protected].
March 06, 2017
Tulare County Artists: REMINDER: “ON & OFF The WALL” Entry Deadline SAT/APRIL 15, 5pm! Central Coast Painters & Sculptors, Please enter up to 3 original works completed AFTER 2013: https://www.sloma.org/ (on R.)
“On & Off the Wall” exhibit offers 6 AWARDS; 70% of sale price goes to artists & is open to CURRENT MEMBERS of San Luis Obispo Museum of Art &/OR Art Center Morro Bay. Art previously shown at SLOMA or Art Center Morro Bay is NOT eligible, please.
“ON & OFF THE WALL” will be at Art Center Morro Bay, June 15-July 30, 2017, sponsored by The Painters Group/TPG & Central Coast Sculptors Group/CCSG, (both affiliates of San Luis Obispo Museum of Art.) #MBAAExhibits
JUROR is Ruta Saliklis, PhD. Curator & Director of Exhibitions at San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, w/extensive background in studio art, art history, museum studies, textiles & design, & major museum exhibitions. Dr. Saliklis will provide excellent expertise to judge “ON & OFF THE WALL’s” compelling painting & sculpture entries, in diverse mediums & styles, from traditional to contemporary.
QUESTIONS: Flo Bartell @ [email protected] OR Carl Berney @ [email protected].
PS/REMEMBER! Entries MUST ARRIVE by Sat/Apr 15, 5pm. It’s NOT a postmark date! https://www.sloma.org/ (on R)
February 06, 2017
TCOE’s Special Services department is looking for a graphic designer.
February 04, 2017
The SOUP is a community-based crowdfunding dinner. Visalia SOUP is modeled after Detroit SOUP, which began as a way to promote community-based development through crowdfunding, creativity, collaboration, democracy, trust and fun. In partnership with other local businesses, the Visalia Chamber of Commerce will be hosting Visalia’s first SOUP on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.Read More