First Friday Art Walk
August 04, 2017
Downtown Visalia’s First Friday art walk features venues from 5-8 p.m.
Start at the Arts Consortium, Arts Visalia or the Brandon-Mitchell Gallery to pick up a map. Then walk or jump on the trolley to visit other sites.
NINE VENUES for August!
1. Arts Consortium - 300 E. Oak Ave - Open Call - “I’m Melting….”
As the theme suggests, we are HOT in August! We are letting off steam by showcasing anything hot, melting, sticky, what it means to live in the Valley heat, the drought, OR - how we cope with the heat…cooling thoughts, ice cream, cool ponds, warm beach getaways. Come in and see how our artists interpret the theme! The Show runs August 1 - August 29.
2. Arts Visalia - 214 E. Oak Ave. -“Young at Art” featuring the works of Arts Visalia’s Young at Art children’s summer program. The exhibition will also showcase works from our kids in our art program in Goshen, in partnership with Family Services.
The Young at Art children’s summer program hosted seven weeks of classes featuring the seven elements of art: line, shape, form, texture, value, color, and space. Works featured are those of three age groups: 5-6, 7-10, and 11 and up and present a variety of projects in 2-D and 3-D forms.
This exhibition runs from August 2nd through August 25th. The opening reception is free to the public and will be held on Friday, August 4th, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
3. Pita Kabob - 227 N. Court St. - Cristobal Rodarte - Photogrpahy
4. Clay Cafe - 1018 E. Mineral King - Date Night
5. Oak Street Fitness - 309 W. Oak Ave. - Yesenia Mendez - Various Mediums
6. Brandon-Mitchell - 117 S. Locust - Slade Childers - “Sea Change” - Pressed flowers and feathers. Stan and Bruce Huddleston from the High Sierra Jazz Band will play.
7. Lancaster Creations -105 S. Church St. - Yanninia Marie Photography
8. Grace Note Music - 814 W. Oak Ave. - Grace Note is back! Drop in and enjoy some great music and learn about what they offer!
9. Visalia Fox Theater - 215 W. Main St. - The 87-year old Visalia Fox Theatre, home to countless stories and local tales, will be open to the public for backstage tours. Catch a glimpse of their Monterey Pop and Party event that will take place the following evening. The box office will be open for you to purchase tickets for any upcoming event and complimentary popcorn will be served.
As always the Visalia Trolley will pick up and drop off at every venue approximately every half hour from 5-8 pm. Enjoy the art and our lovely downtown!
July 22, 2017Saturday
Kirsten Vangsness, the quirky Penolope Garcia from TV’s “Criminal Minds”
July 22, 2017Saturday
Betty Berk’s colorful landscapes in a show called “For the Love of Color”