Latest news and updates
May 10, 2018
May 01, 2018
Calling all Sculptor and Ceramic Artists! We are featuring you during June and during First Friday!
The Arts Consortium would like to invite all to participate in our June 2018 “Adventures in 3-D” First Friday show, featuring sculpture, ceramics, and assemblage.
Entries will be accepted Friday 5/25/18 at the Consortium (300 E. Oak Ave.) from 10 AM – 6:00 PM.
LIMIT - THREE ENTRIES PER PERSON
1. Original work only, submitted by the artist or a friend of the artist.
2. We will be asking for a $10.00 entry fee (per piece). If you want to become at take in we will waive the fee when you pay the $25.00 membership.
3. If your piece sells we will take 20% commission of the selling price. The Consortium will handle all sales. It is the artist’s responsibility to price their work to reflect the 20%.
4. The artist is expected to carry their own insurance. All work shown is at the risk of the artist.
5. Sculptural works that need to be hung should be brought in with hardware sturdy enough to hang. We have peg-board walls and use hooks to hang. We cannot hang from the ceiling.
6. Sculpture pieces, free standing can be no larger than 5ft. tall and 4ft. wide and must be on a study base that cannot be knocked over. No sharp edges or points easily broken.
7. All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and current contact information, title and price.
8. This is a juried exhibit and entries will be accepted or rejected upon entry.
9. Sold work must remain at the gallery until the end of the show. The person buying the work may pick up the piece with proof of payment.
10. All work MUST BE PICKED UP on Friday June 29 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. We do not have room for storage and will be receiving art for the next show in the following week.
Friday May 25 - 10AM-6PM - Receiving submissions
Friday June 1 - 5PM -8PM - Opening Reception
Friday June 29 -10AM-6PM – Pick up art work
The Arts Consortium will generate publicity for the exhibit, and will provide invitations to the reception that the artists can personalize and mail at their own expense.
Questions can be directed to Josh [email protected]
April 24, 2018
On March 24, 2018, the La Joya Middle School team for Odyssey of the Mind (OM) won the California State Championships! By placing first in the State Championships, the team is allowed to travel across the country to compete at the World Competition at Iowa State University. For more information please read the letter below! And Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support our local students in the tremendous accomplishment!
April 18, 2018
The Arts Consortium announces our 2018 Watermark magazine cover-art contest.
The winning artist will receive a $500 prize and will be featured in an article within our magazine. The winning submission will be featured as the cover of our annual publication. Elements from the winning design will be used throughout our publication and will help create a theme for our 2018 edition of Watermark.
The selected design may be reproduced and used in promotional work for our annual Taste the Arts Festival, in our magazine, on posters, t-shirts and other items that support the Arts Consortium. As such, judging criteria will include viability of sales potential.
Submissions should be originally designed by the artist and thematically related to the mission of the Arts Consortium, which celebrates Tulare County’s art, culture, and community.
Entry Deadline & Delivery
Entries may be delivered electronically to the Arts Consortium via email at [email protected]
Emails will include your:
First Name, Last Name,
Image file must be labeled: FirstNameLast Name_TTAposter17.
All entries must be received by: May 2, 2018.
All Central California artists are invited to submit a poster that embodies the theme of the Arts Consortium. No more than one design per artist.
Poster Dimension and File Requirements
Must be original design.
Poster size must be 11” x 17”.
Submissions must be in a .pdf (digital) format.
Winning artist must submit an un-flattened and editable version of design
The finished artwork must include
A sense of inclusivity for all art forms
Design elements to be included in the overall theme of our 2018 Watermark magazine
IMPORTANT: Entries must NOT reference other Organizations, Logos or Brands.
Terms of Agreement
The Arts Consortium and Taste the Arts committee reserves the right to accept or reject all work submitted during this competition. The Arts Consortium accepts no liability for damaged or lost files/art works.
The winning entry becomes the property of the Arts Consortium. The artist releases the copyright of the design image, and the Arts Consortium reserves the right to unlimited reproduction, editing, and use of the image or parts of the image for arts festival materials and products for sale.
The winner will be selected by an Arts Consortium appointed Committee, May 2nd at 5:00 PM and is subject to the terms of this agreement.
Artwork will be judged on the following:
Quality of Design and Adherence to Concept
Creativity and Originality of the Artwork
Notification of Winner
The Arts Consortium will announce the winner at its May membership meeting: May 14, 2017 at 5:30pm at 300 E. Oak St., Visalia, CA 93291
I certify that I have read and agree to the terms stated herein.
April 04, 2018
South Valley Artist’ Studio Tour Passports are on Sale now!
The south Valley Artists’ Studio tour is the premier art event in Tulare County. 44 Nationally recognized artists are opening up their private studio for a behind the scenes look at the locations behind the art.
Pick up your passport today during business hours at the following locations.
Courthouse Gallery and Museum – 125 S. “B” Street
Saturday 10AM – 4PM, Sunday 12PM – 4PM
Veritas Art Center – 248 N. Sweetbriar Street
Fridays 6PM - 9PM
Buford’s Frames and Gallery – 39 W. Putnam Ave.
Mon – Fri, 9AM – 5PM Sat, 9AM - 2PM
Porterville Art Association – 151 N. Main Street
Wed – Sat, 10AM – 4PM
Anne Lang’s Emporium – 41651 Sierra Drive
Mon – Sat, 9AM – 4PM
The Arts Consortium – 300 E. Oak Ave.
Tues – Fri, 10AM – 3PM